Welcome to the world!

 Hi Ellie Bee! You are less than 2 days away from turning 1 month old and even though I am on maternity leave form work, you have kept me quite busy (and so have your brothers) so that every time I try to sit and write something, I get called away or side-tracked. The only reason I'm writing this now is because I impulsively purchased a laptop just so that I could use it in bed and not have to be suck at the desk downstairs. 

So far you have been an easy baby, the first week of your life I was worried because you hardly cried and it felt like all you wanted to do was sleep. You slept for 4-hour stretches at a time  (as opposed to your brothers who ate every 2 hours around the clock) and sometimes had to be woken up for your next bottle. You surprised me, however, because at your 1-week doctor appointment you were already weighing exactly what you weighed at birth, 7 pounds 11 ounces. The general goal is to be back at birth weight by 2 weeks old, so it's great that you were a week ahead of schedule, it definitely helped ease my worries. 

Well Ellie, I didn't quite get to finish my very first post to you, I am writing this other half of it 10 days later and you are well over 1 month old now. At your 1-month well visit you weighed 10 pounds 11 ounces and measured 22.75 inches. You outgrew all the newborn outfits long ago and it makes me so sad that you only wore many of them once. 

You have been sleeping A LOT today, only awake long enough to eat and then fall back asleep as soon as you're left alone to do so. I bet you're hitting another growth spurt now since you're coming up on 6 weeks. So far, other than the occasional issue getting you to burp, you have been a mostly easygoing baby, but sometimes you HATE car rides because your pacifier falls out of your mouth. Your little hands also cause some trouble because you give yourself nasty scratches if I don't keep your nails trimmed. Dad loves holding you and you have taken at least 1 nap every day of your life just laying across his chest. You look so tiny sleeping there that one day (while you were wearing all pink and he was wearing a dark blue t-shirt) I told him you guys reminded me of a Snorlax holding a Jigglypuff and so now that's one of his nicknames for you. 

We all love you so much and are so glad for the extra happiness and tenderness that has entered our hearts since you've been here, and I look forward to every new day with you. 

Sincerely, 

Mom. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halfway through our first year!